About A4Q Design Thinking
The A4Q Design Thinking Foundation certification attests to an individual’s knowledge and understanding of this collaborative, innovation-seeking approach to problem solving and solutions development.
Holders of the certificate can apply the core principles of design thinking and use design thinking approaches to identify, and evaluate, creative and practical outcomes to real-life problems and business challenges.
The certification is supported by accredited training. The accredited training course will help participants to develop their design thinker’s toolkit and show how to use empathy and experimentation to achieve human centred innovative solutions. The course will help participants to use and align tools (e.g. visualisation, rapid prototyping and customer co-creation) with design thinking processes.
The course is heavily focused on developing the design thinking mindset and expertise in the use of design thinking methods so that participants will be ready to effectively apply learning back in the workplace.
Who is this certification for?
This course is aimed at anyone who wants to understand the theory of Design Thinking and how to apply this human-centred approach to achieve real business value. This includes:
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- Product Managers
- Software Engineers
- UX Designers
- Anyone involved in coaching or training teams seeking to implement design thinking
- Managers seeking to understand how design thinking can add value in their organisation
- Business Analysts working with design thinking teams
How does A4Q Design Thinking benefit me?
- You will be able to explain the design thinking approach to solving problems.
- You will be able to apply design thinking approaches and tools to a variety of challenges and problems.
- You will be able to participate positively in collaborative ideation and evaluation.
How do I obtain this certification?
To be certified you must pass the Design Thinking Foundation Level exam.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific entry requirements to be eligible for this certification or to attend an A4Q accredited design thinking course.
Will I have to attend a course before I sign up for the exam?
No, attending a course is a choice you make at your discretion. However, we strongly recommend that you attend a training course with an accredited training provider to gain maximum benefit and to support skills development.