What is GASQ?
Global Association for Software Quality , abbreviated GASQ, is an international exam provider and a leading association in the software quality industry. GASQ was founded by experts from Europe, Asia and America as an independent, international non-profit association aiming to advocate and promote software quality in research, teaching and industry.
Today, GASQ cooperates with multiple training providers, national testing boards and consulting companies. It actively participates in the development of new certifications and offers them through its extensive international network. GASQ is currently represented on over 60 national markets by more than 250 cooperation partners. Thanks to globally recognized expertise and leading certification shemes, GASQ yearly certifies over 20.000 people in Europe, Asia, North and South America, Australia and Africa in 10 different languages.
Through all of its activities, GASQ strives to make it its core responsibility to increase awarness about the importance of good software quality and highly qualified staff in this sector. Nonetheless, GASQ broadens its focus and identifies areas that require development or improvement of the quality standards.
What does GASQ do?
The idea that software must be of absolutely premium quality must be fostered on all levels and in interactions with all institutions by implementing a variety of measures. Among these opportunities is the creating of increased awareness of software quality issues with businesses, associations, governments and government representatives. To this end, GASQ considers itself a liaison between the business world and politics.
GASQ explains the importance of high software quality standards to enterprises, associations and governments. It demonstrates to all players what they can do to actively contribute to excellent software quality. The creation of increased awareness of the importance and relevance of software quality is one of the key objectives of GASQ.
Networks always consist of people who are particularly committed to their ideas. GASQ is an alliance of individuals who are working in all imaginable disciplines of the software development process, in software process optimization and many other areas of specialization. GASQ helps individuals, companies, organizations and governments understand how critical it is to have the highest possible quality software. For instance, GASQ does organize networking activities between these groups and offers them opportunities to exchange ideas in expert groups, at meetings, seminars, conferences, etc.
GASQ is also a service provider that supports businesses and associations. Through its consulting and certification services, GASQ helps strengthen enterprises and associations as they compete internationally through its vast networking organizations.
As the leading industry association, GASQ advocates for the rapidly growing industry in terms of software quality. Whether the subject matter is software testing or requirements engineering, usability engineering or process optimization - as your advocate, GASQ solicits trust and acceptance.
As the leading industry association focusing on software quality, GASQ makes significant contributions to related innovations. This includes everything from the creation of standards to the latest certifications to the assessment of industries and businesses.
GASQ is ISO9001:2015 certified and ISO17024 audited.
GASQ Code of Conduct
Everyone registered in a GASQ register has to agree to the following code of conduct.
1. A person registered in a GASQ register shall act in a trustworthy manner that is in the best interest for the organization the person is employed or contracted and for all other organizations involved.
2. A person registered in a GASQ register shall act consistently with the public interest. Decisions should be made consistent with an ethical approach and the highest professional standards possible.
3. A person registered in a GASQ register shall assist colleagues and co-workers in their professional development and shall support them to follow an ethical approach.
4. A person registered in a GASQ register shall avoid real or perceived conflict of interests. The person shall not accept any profits from an audited organization, such as gifts or discounts.
5. A person registered in a GASQ register shall reject corruption in any form and shall work fair and independent.
6. A person registered in a GASQ register shall disclose every possible conflict of interest to every affected party.
7. A person registered in a GASQ register shall treat all people fairly regardless of factors as religion, race, gender, disability or age.
8. A person registered in a GASQ register shall not act in a way damaging the reputation or interests of the audit organization or the audited organization.
9. A person registered in a GASQ register shall not act in a way damaging the reputation, credibility or interests of GASQ.